Friday 5 October 2012

Tom Yum Recipe. 2 in 1



Sometimes we have to make a decision to let go of people or things in our lives. Some people can't let go and get worst. I've faced people like this many times in my life. I've tried to help and I ended up realizing that I just should avoiding them in the first place. Most people have a negative perspective of the way they deal with some situation. One good thing about me is I am good at reading people facial expressions. It is relatively easy to identify these facial expression. Not gonna tell you how and maybe Mr Google can help you on this. I use this "gift" wisely to communicate with people around me and it helps me a lot and make my job easier. So guy that just a brief description about me. Will tell you more on the next post.

Today recipe is special because a close friend of mine asked me how to make tom yum step by step. FYI this tom yum is so tasty. Won't get anything like this anywhere. And don't forget, please read Step 10 carefully!

The ingredients and method :

1. Boil 4 cups of water. Add in 2 lemongrass, 1 chopped onion, 2 peeps of garlics, 1 tsp chopped ginger, 8 bird's eye chilies, 1/2 cup chopped potato. Let it boil for 5 minutes.

2. Add Chinese cabbage, 1 chopped large tomato and 1 chopped tomato. Stir well and leave for  1 minute.

3. Add the 1/2 cup mackerel fish fillet, 8 prawns, 1 chopped squid (not in the picture). Let it boil for  3 minutes.

4. Add the 2 1/2 tbsp Tom yum paste, 1 1/2 tbsp Thai chili paste and 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce. Leave to boil for another 3 minutes. Stir well until fragrant and the soup has thicken.

5.  And lastly add the 6 kaffir lime leaves, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/2 tbsp salt.. Stir well.

6. Soup is ready.

7. In a soup bowl add the mee hoon and pour tom yum soup on it.

8. Cut the calamondin into half. Squiz  onto the soup.

9. And now your tom yum is ready to be eaten. 

10. As an addition you can add in button mushroom, fish cake, bean curd puff and etc. But it's not gonna taste like Thai tom yum anymore! This what you call Chinese tom yum style. Which serves in Chinese Yong Tau Foo Restaurant. Tom yum originated in Thailand, so it gotta be Thai!!  Tom yum should just without this process foods. I included them in the picture so you can decide whether to make Thai tom yum or Chinese tom yum style! 2 in 1 recipe indeed!



No comments: