Wednesday 3 October 2012

Tomato Mayonnaise Bread recipe



If you follow my posts, you know that I am not a bread person. I wonder everyone else seems to love it :-I. I've been made to understand that bread is good for me than rice in term of sugar contain (FYI I take more rice than bread and I'm not proud of calories I've eaten) Yes noted but I can't still force myself to like it. But I like to eat bread with meats and vegetables on it :-D (made my day LOL). So I got this recipe while browsing on the net. My instinct told me to bake bread! Weird right? So I baked this and add in few ingredients and gosh it taste so good, it came out perfectly. I know it takes time to make the dough but its worth the compliment I got from my best friend!! This is my first bread recipe. Enjoy!


Ingredients :
Item A
230 gm high protein/bread flour
120 gm all-purpose flour
2 tbsp milk powder
60 gm sugar
1/2 tsp salt
60 gm butter

Item B 
11 gm yeast + 3 tbsp luke warm water - mix together and stir hard until you can see bubble comes out on the surface. If bubble didn't comes out, make another mix. Remember it is important to wake up "sleeping" yeast. No bubble means you won't get fluffy dough!
80 gm tomato puree
90 gm fresh tomato, take out excess water and blend

Item C
65 gm onion, diced
3 tsp parsley

Item D
Evaporated milk
Mayonnaise
Slice tomato
Slice onion
Spring onions, chopped


Baking Temperature : 180 C
Baking Time : 25-30 minutes


Method :
1.On the high speed of an electric mixer, sift together Item A.  Then add Item B.
2. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
3. Add Item C and blend until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. In a big bowl, cover dough and let rise with kitchen towel for 20 minutes.
4. Take dough out and knead with your hand until smooth and elastic and leave for another 15 minutes.
5. Take dough out again and knead with your hand to reduce gas contain in bread and leave for another 10 minutes.
6. Shape dough into your desire form and thickness. Dough need to rise before it's ready to bake. Let it rise again for 40 minutes.
7. Brush the puffy dough generously with evaporated milk, then sprinkle chopped spring onions, put slice tomato and onion on top of it. And lastly garnish buns with mayonnaise.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: