Wednesday 3 October 2012

Orange chocolate chips muffins



This is my new favourite muffin! Not much cleaning to do because you will only need food processor/blender  to make the batter and only use simple ingredient that you can find in the kitchen. Its easy to make! It so simple that I didn't realized I took less than an hour for preparing and baking this muffins! Orange is not my favourite fruit, I usually try to avoid orange because I hate the peeling and cutting... hehehe. And I tell you orange and chocolate really goes well together! Taste so yummy the next day! Damn good, moist and loved the moment when chocolate melt in my mouth grrrr! I don't have enough of it and my work mates loved it!

Ingredients :
Item A
200 gms whole orange
3/4 cup granulated sugar

Item B
1 large egg
1/2 cup orange juice
100 gms butter, melted

Item C - Sifted
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Item D
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Baking Temperature: 200 C
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes


Method :
1. Preheat oven at 200 C.
2. Trim of the top and bottom of the orange. Cut the unpeeled orange in to small chunks.
3. Put Item A into a food processor blend until finely smooth.
4. Add the Item B and blend until well combined. Do not over blend!
5. In a large bowl, add mix orange batter with Item C, then sprinkle chocolate chips over and fold  until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Spoon the batter into cupcakes liner, filling them about 3/4 full.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out dry.

No comments: