Thursday 19 July 2012

Pulut Udang/Grilled sticky rice with prawn and coconut filling


Back in my hometown, I used to ask my Aunt to make this for me, but she ended up selling it for profit instead.. hehehe.  Pulut udang is one of my favourite for tea time.  Seating down in front of the TV and eating it with tea or coffee.. NICE! Three days ago I had some spare time so I decided to do my own.  Lots of blogger were blogging this recipe.. so I "edited" the recipe to my own liking. It's damn delicious!

Ingredients:
1) Rice : 300 gm glutinous rice
200ml cocounut milk
A little bit of water

2) Sambal : Blend
Half cup of dried prawns
3 peeps of garlics
6 red onions
2 cm ginger
9 dried chilies
2 lemongrass
Half tsp fenel

3) 2 tbsp cooking oil
200 gm grated coconut
Banana leaves
Lidi ( middle stick of coconut leaves) or skewer

Method :
1.  Soak rice for 10 hours.  
2.  Steam rice until half cook then add in coconut milk leave until cook
3.  Heat up cooking oil and add in blended ingredients until fragrant and add in grated coconut.  Fry until its turn reddish and dry up.
4. Place rice in the middle of banana leave (9' X 11').  Add in sambal on top of the rice and roll/wrap them together.  
5. Put stick into the banana leaves wrapper. This step will stop rice from coming out from the banana leaves wrapper.
6. Bake/grill in the oven at 170C for 10 minutes.

No comments: