Thursday 19 July 2012

Steamed chocolate cake with chocolate ganache


A very rich chocolate cake.  It's been a long time since and I've been craving for this one, and dreaming of steaming my own.  Long time back a friend of mine used to bake for me, and I kind of miss the taste of it.  While I was blogging yesterday I found the recipe and have "edited" the recipe to my liking. First time steaming a cake and it's turned out exactly how I want it to be! 

Ingredients :
Cake
250 gm butter
3/4  cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 cup of flour
3/4 cocoa powder
1 cup mix of water and evaporated milk 


Method : 
1. Mix cocoa powder, water and evaporated milk together. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and add the sugar until fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time.
3. Add the batter together with dry ingredients. Beat until all ingredients are incorporated. Do not over beat.
5. Steam for 45 minutes.

Chocolate ganache :
1 tbsp margarine
3 tbsp condenced milk
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
A little bit of water

Method :
1. On gas stove, place pan on top of it and keep on low heat, melt margarine, add the condenced milk and cocoa powder together. Keep stirring batter until well combined. 
2. Add in a little bit of water. Stir until well combined and chocolate ganache thickened.
3. Pour chocolate ganache on top of the cake. 

No comments: