Monday 28 November 2016

Philippino Chicken Adobo

My whole family fond to this recipe because we like anything chicken with soy sauce. Ever since I started cooking I have invented my own verieties. This one is the original chicken adobo recipe, simple and tasty.

Many people do not know the art of cooking onions, ginger and garlic in to a paste ir sauce. How to get  caramelised paste, sweet and savoury. Read direction carefully and you will get what I'm talking about.

I have upgraded chicken adobo recipes that I will share soon.







Ingredients:
Item A
Cooking oil

Item B - Blend to make sauce
Onions - big, 2 nos
Garlic cloves - 2 nos
Ginger - 1 inch

Item C
Low sodium sauce/sweet soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Black pepper - 1 tsp
White vinigar - 1 tbsp
Bay leaves - Medium 3

Item D
Chicken - 500 gms cut into 2 inches cube

Directions:
1. On a medium heat, heat oil in a pan. Add Item B. Stirring constantly for 2 minutes, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken and stir for 2 minutes. Leave for another 5 minutes.
3. Combine Item C. Stirring constantly and cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce is reduced and thickened and the chicken is tender.
5. Garnish with green chili or scallions., Serve with hot rice.


No comments: