Tuesday 15 November 2016

Singaporean Chili Crab


This recipe reminds me so much of my brother, he can have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The whole family love it, this recipe is a keeper. If you have tried this recipe do leave me your feedback.

I'm not good at following the recipes given to me. I usually amend it according to my taste bud. As you know typical Singaporean crab has chillies, tomato paste and shrimp paste in it. My recipe will be slightly different, I added curry paste and curry leaves to enhance the flavour. It is not as spicy as you think, it doesn't add spicyness in the gravy but this will only to leave you of wanting more. You can skip them from the recipes and it still taste awesome.

I didn't use crab this time but use lobster instead. I like to impress my guess with my culinary skill. I will cook something like this, something different, rare or authentic. I like people to remember me because of my awesome tasty food. This is the recipe you looking for to entertain you guess. You can mix crab, lobster, prawn or any shellfish in this recipe. Ganish chopped corriender or scallion on top. Chili crab best to eat with  jasmine rice or roti.



Recipe type : Main dish, dinner or lunch
Cuisine : Fusion
Yield / Serves : 2
Prep time : 40 mins

Ingredients :
Item A
Mud crab - 1 kg and clean

Item B
Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves - 15 nos

Item C - Blend in a blender in to  paste
Onion - 2 nos
Garlic - 2 nos
Bird eye chilies/dried chilies - 8 nos

Item D - Mix all in to a paste
Tomato puree - 3 tbsp
Chili sauce - 2 tbsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Soy bean sauce - 1 tsp
Chicken curry powder - 1 tsp
Shrimp paste - 1 tsp
Oyster sauce - 1 tsp

Item E
Water - 2 cups
Egg - 1 no
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Lemon - 1 tbsp

Method:
1. Heat saucepan and add cooking oil.
2. Add item C, saute and leave for 5 minutes in a slow flame until the onions caramelised or transparent.
3. Add item D. saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add water, salt and sugar and leave to boil in medium flame for 15 minutes.
5. Add crab and stir well. Leave for 5 minutes.
6. Add lemon, stir well, leave for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.

No comments: