Thursday 24 November 2016

Thai Steam Fish with Ginger

This is another favourite steam fish recipe I have. I have been keeping this recipe for the past two years after visited local Thai-Kelantanese restaurant near my house. In Malaysia we use preserved plum in our cooking, mostly sause related dish. Everytime I cook meat, I will add 1 piece preserved plum in my sauce. It will give sweet sour taste in the sauce, in this case I do not have to use lemon or sugar in my cooking. it will also reduce pungent taste in the sauce.








Recipe type : Main meal, lunch or dinner
Cuisine :Thai
Yield / Serves : 2
Prep time : 25 mins

Ingredients:
Item A
Sea bass or any white fish - 500 gms, scaled for spices to penetrate

Item B - Sauce
Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Fish sauce - 1 tsp
Oyster - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Sesame oil - 1/2 tsp
White paper - a dash
Preserved plum - 1 nos

Item C - Saute
Oil - 1 tbsp
Ginger - chopped, 6 tbsp
Garlic - chopped, 2 nos
Dried shitake mushroom - 4 nos, soak for an hour

Item D - Garnish
Chopped green and red chilies - 1 nos each
Scallion - chopped into 1-inch pieces


Method:
1. Steam Item A for 8 minutes in a high heat.
2. Heat oil on a pan. Add ginger and garlic, fry until brownish. Pour sauce on top of the steamed fish.  Add shopped shitake mushroom and leave for1 minutes.
3. Add Item C, stir until all ingredients blend and marry. Leave for about 5 minutes.
4. When its ready pour sauce on the steam fish. Garnish with chopped chillies and scallion.
5. Serve with hot rice.

No comments: