Tuesday 22 November 2016

Thai steam fish with lime

The only thing I complaint about cooking this awesome recipes is that it is so hard to get fresh fish in KL. I do not have this trouble back in home town. Whenever I see fresh fish in the supermarket (sometimes I do get lucky) I get excited and will buy for one month stock.

This recipes is easy and tasty, it also does not take a lot of my time. Fish and rice ready within 30 minutes.

I personally love to have steam fish on a cold rainy day. This recipes reminds me a lot of my mom cooking, my mom can have boiled fish every single day for lunch and dinner. Typical Bajau Ubian boil fresh fish most of the time, they usually add lemon grass and lime juice in her boiled fish, and sometimes they add young mango in it. This recipes has not much different from what we cook in Borneo.

Tips: Fresh fish eyes are clear and has not gone cloudy.

Let us see the ingredients:

Recipe type : Main meal, lunch or dinner
Cuisine :Thai
Yield / Serves : 2
Prep time : 25 mins

Ingredients:
Item A
Sea bass or any white fish - 500 gm and scaled for spices to penetrate

Item B - Sauce
Lemon grass - 2 nos
Chopped garlic - 3 tbsp
Eye bird chilies - 7 nos
Lime juice - 3/4 cup
Fish sauce - 3 tbsp
Palm sugar syrup/white sugar - 2 tbsp
Water - 3 tbsp
Cilantro/chinese celery - 2 stalks cut into 1-inch piece

Method:
1. Steam Item A for 5 minutes in a high heat. Add Item B and close the steamer. Leave for another 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
2. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice.

No comments: