Friday 17 August 2012

Cheese tarts recipe


I love egg and cheese tart ever since I was in primary school. As far as I remember I can get 3 pieces for 1 buck and now since I moved to KL everything is so expensive.. the cheapest you can get is a  small egg tart for 2 bucks! I always get upset looking at the price tag. It's not making sense to me, the government already gives subsidies to flour manufacturers, and the sugar price is not that expensive and talking about the electricity bills... nahhh I am not gonna talk about shits happening in my country.. I just find that business owners can simply increase their price and people will blindly buy it! Nobody cares!

Anyway I've been looking for a perfect crust and I think I got it this time. Follow the instructions carefully to get the perfect crust! Do not forget to use a toothpick to make a few holes in between the crust before you put them in to the oven!


Ingredients :

Crust/Shell:
170 gm butter
50 gm aising
1 egg (medium size)
290 gm all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
Tart mould


Baking Temperature : 170 C
Baking Time : 20-25 minutes


Method:
1. On the medium speed of an electric mixer,bBeat butter and sugar in a mixer. Add vanilla essence.
2. Add flour bit by bit. Do not over beat mixture.
3. For best result, leave dough overnight in the fridge.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 170'C.
5. Allow tarts to cool completely.

Cream Cheese:
250 gm cream cheese
50 gm castor sugar
1 egg (medium size)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Beat cream cheese and castor sugar in a mixture until it looks creamy.
2. Add in egg and vanilla essence and beat again.






No comments: