Thursday 19 July 2012

Sekincan Ikan Bakar Recipe (Grilled fish my style)


Can't get my eyes off this fish.. hahaha. My brother brought this fish all the way from Sabah. It weighed almost 2 kgs! When I'm thinking of how to cook fish, the first thing that comes to mind is I will grill it. I like anything with lemongrass in my recipes, love the lemon mint taste, like very fragrant with light hint of a ginger taste . Without wasting anytime I decided to grill.

I went to Sekinchan Ikan Bakar Restaurant to have their popular (ikan bakar)/grilled cheap fish and had to pay an unbelievable price. I was a little bit upset  to pay my hard-earned money for that cheap fish, so I told myself not to go there anymore.  I'm not a stingy person, but I want something that is  worth for paying for, feel guilty though. Money does not come from the drain alright! Well I'm not going to complaint how good or nasty their grilled fish was, but I have designed a recipe which is slightly like the Sekinchan Ikan Bakar Restaurant has! Bye bye Sekinchan, I am going to cook at home for good!






Ingredients :
1 red/white fish (I used white fish)
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 lemongrass
Kaffir lime leaves
Half cup of tamarind juice
2 tbsp of tomyam paste
Banana leaves or aluminium foil

Blend :
8 dried chililes
5 red onions
5 garlics
2 lemongrass
1/2 tsp belacan/shrimp paste
1/2 tsp dried shrimp
Salt and brown sugar


Grill Temperature : 200 C
Grill Time : 45 minutes


Method :
1.  Heat up cooking oil and add the blended items. Stir well until fragrant or lightly brown.
2. And when you can see the cooking oil floats to the top add in lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, tamarind juice and tomyam paste and leave for 5 minutes.
4. Put sauce over fish and wrap it in aluminium foil.
3. Leave fish in the oven for 45 minutes.

No comments: