Friday 7 September 2012

Banana raisin muffins recipe



Oh my word! These are by far the best banana muffins I have ever eaten! This is a very moist and tasty recipe. The batter tastes good and they smell so irresistible! While cooling the muffins, I couldn’t wait any longer so I ate one warm, and another one! Ooppsss! I'm never gonna lose any weight at this rate, but it was sooo yummy! 

I feel guilty everytime I eat something fattening. The last time I remember going to the gym was last year, I want my old body back so bad! When I look back at old pictures, I get irritated with myself  for being so lazy to sweat out my toxins.  So last night I was thinking, instead of paying a hundred bucks for gym membership, I decided to sign up for an apartment membership... hahah! (which I was supposed to do last August 2011). Apartment Membership will give all of the same benefits as well as full privilege to do what I want inside the apartment. We've got gym, swimming pool, volleyball court but I haven't used them once - since moving in. Apartment management said I can start using the gym next week! Yayyyy! Gotta lose weight before November!! 



Ingredients :
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup granulated sugar
60 gm unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
170 gm plain yogurt
3/4 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Baking Temperature : 180 C
Baking Time : 15-20 minutes

Method: 
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins and set aside.
3. In an electric mixer add in sugar and butter, beat vigorously to combine. Add eggs, yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
4. Add flour to bowl,  baking powder,baking soda and salt to batter and continue mixing until well combined. Set the batter aside.
5. Add the brown sugar raisin mixture on top of batter and lightly fold into batter using a spatula. Fold this 5 or 6 times only.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each one about 1/2 full.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skewer comes out dry.

No comments: