Friday 7 September 2012

Orange muffins recipe



I didn't notice it's almost 2 a.m.! My eyes are still wide awake. My eyes started hurting and at the same time my right leg has gone to sleep. I'm trying to sleep but my eyes start to drift away. I've got so many things on my head everytime I lay down on my bed... until the anger, worries, anxiety start coming back! Arghh! I wish I have an on/off switch  on my eyes, so I can just press the off button when I'm off to bed.  I don't blame my best friend for calling me a WM! (worry magnet)

So lets talk about muffins, there are many muffin recipes that I love. This is one of them. One thing about this recipe is it's fairly easy and simple to make.  I could almost taste the orange in these muffins. My best friend and I enjoy one for tea-time.


Ingredients :
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup orange juice
1 large egg
5 tbsp plain yogurt

Baking Temperature : 180 C
Baking Time : 15-20 minutes

Method : 
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and brown sugar and set aside.
3. In an electric mixer add the butter, orange juice, egg and yogurt . Beat vigorously to combine.
4. Add the the dry ingredients mixer on top of batter and lightly fold into batter using a spatula until well blended.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each one about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until skewer comes out dry.


No comments: