Thursday 20 September 2012

Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes recipe



I think it's been a while since my last post. Been moody lately and to be honest I am kinda lost, seems like I don't know what to write anymore. My brain has gone numb I guess :D

To tell you the truth,  I can count with my fingers the number of times I have eaten strawberries. Maybe it's because strawberries are expensive in Malaysia and anyway I do not fancy strawberries.

Recipe adapted from me + The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook

Ingredients :

1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
45g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup diced strawberries

Cheesecake center :
115 gm cream cheese (1/2 cup), at room temperature
1 egg white
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp strawberry jam

Crust :
2 cups Marie/digestive biscuit crumbs

Baking Temperature : 170C
Baking Time : 20-25 minutes

Method :
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. In a large bowl put the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in an electric mixer. Beat on slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
3. Pour in the milk and vanilla and beat on medium until all the ingredients are well mixed.
4. Add the egg and beat  for a few minutes to ensure everything is incorporated. Stir in the strawberries. Set aside.
5. In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, egg white, sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the strawberry jam and set aside.
6. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Place 2 tbsp of digestive biscuit crumbs in the bottom of all of the liners.
7. Add a tablespoon of cake batter over the crumbs.
8. Divide cheesecake mixture between all of the cupcakes. Top with remaining cake batter.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until skewer comes out dry.
10. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting :
300g icing sugar, sifted
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
125g cream cheese, cold
Drops of pink food coloring

Method :
1. Mix all ingredients together and beat well until its light and fluffy. Do not over beat!

No comments: