Saturday 22 September 2012

Pink and white decorated cupcakes



Making fondant cupcakes reminds me of playing with playdough. Reminds me of my childhood. The difference is when I was a kid I could design any shape I wanted, no one will comment on the messy and unstructured work and no one will judge my creativity. Good or bad everything will look cute to my Mom and Dad!  But now it's a different thing. I have a problem making things presentable because frankly, I am not a creative person. I can still design any shape I want but I feel all the designs have to be neat and presentable and of course colors and sizes have to be matched as well.

Being creative is a big deal for me especially when you are in the cake business. It's like I was lost in the beginning and got stuck in the middle and ended up with nothing. I often get stuck and am in a rut when I am  thinking theoretically, aah..how lucky to be born creative... but I think it's also not too late for me to train myself to be creative and artistic, to realize those awesome ideas I have in my head.  I will take my time, and time will prove I don't have to be born creative to be creative!

For the cupcake flavors and butter cream recipe please click below links :
http://mamis-mamisrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/Cupcakes
http://mamis-mamisrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/08/butter-cupcake.html

Ingredients : Fondant 
120 ml water, room temperature
2 tbsp gelatin
150 ml glucose
3 tbsp glycerin
4 tbsp vegetable shortening
2 kg icing sugar, sifted
Pink and white edible food coloring

Method :
1. Pour water on a big bowl, add the gelatin, stir well on a double-boiler till the gelatin dissolved.
2. Add the glucose, glycerin and vegetable shortening, stir until melted and incorporated. Leave to cool.
3. Add the icing bit by bit until icing is thickened.
4. Pour lukewarm gelatin mixture into the rest of the icing. Stir well until the stickiness is gone.
5. Add the food coloring.
6. Shape fondant into the shape or figures you desire.
7. Spread butter cream onto the cupcakes and stick fondant on top of it.

No comments: